Most people have very few Axi relics, but there is also an undeniable shortage of Meso relics in the game. The main reason for that is that there is no mission that will drop a Meso relic with a 100% probability – especially the tier 2 endless missions feature a very bad drop chance compared to all other relics and endless mission tiers. So by simply looking at the drop chances, farming Meso relics can be super troublesome and problematic.
Luckily this guide will help you with your endeavor to grind enough Meso relics to get all the primed weapons and Warframes currently in the rotation. Make sure to follow our tips and tricks and you should be able to get your hands on exactly the Meso relics you need. Here are the best Meso drop locations in order:
- Io on Jupiter (Defense)
- Ukko on Void (Capture)
Io, Jupiter – Defense
The best drop chance for a Meso relic is found on either Io (Jupiter) or Paimon (Europa), with the first one being the better choice – but not by a lot. There are some smaller reasons why people usually pick the Jupiter mission over the Europa version: First of all Jupiter does drop Hexenon, which will be needed for some weapons and the Wisp Warframe. Secondly, the enemies are a few levels below the enemies you will encounter on Paimon, which gives you the ability to be a little bit faster with clearing the waves. And last but not least Paimon will eventually spawn a drop ship, oftentimes at the end of a wave. This will make the whole mission longer (even if its just 20 seconds for each drop ship spawn) and therefor more annoying.
You only want to farm the A-rotation of this defense mission (a.k.a. the first ten waves) for the chance to get the Meso relic drop. With a 87,5% chance you should be able to come out of ten waves with two Meso relics, but sometimes you are just unlucky and hit the 15 Endo drop two times in a row. Sadly, there is no other mission with a better drop rate, so you are stuck with that. The positive aspect here is that you can kill the waves pretty quickly, especially if you bring one of the following Warframes:
- Mag: Playing a on this map will not only kill everything in a very short amount of time (you should be able to kill all ten waves in around eight minutes), but you will also get a lot of important resources (Hexenon and Oxium) without even trying to find them on the map. build
- Saryn: Don’t even bother with your Spores and go in with your Miasma build. Nuke everything, get some energy if needed and repeat. Playing Saryn might even be faster than Mag, but has the disadvantage of energy problems and not getting the resources you might need without running around.
- AoE-DPS: There are a lot of different Warframes with area-of-effect damage that are also a good enough choice (but usually slower than Mag or Saryn). Banshee, Rhino, Mesa or even a high range Frost DPS build are viable, simply because you only want to nuke your way through the A-rotation.
If you don’t want to play a DPS Warframe you might enjoy playing a Speed Nova more. Against the lower level enemies you don’t really need to bring a special weapon as long as you are able to kill the flying Oxium Ospreys and the Amalgam units that will spawn at the fifth and tenth wave.
Ukko, Void – Capture
While this mission only features a 50% drop chance for a Meso relic (and a 50% drop chance for a Neo relic), the capture itself is also super fast. You should be able to get one relic drop every two minutes (loading the mission, killing the target, extracting and restarting the mission takes a bit), so you have a good chance to get yourself a Meso relic drop in a short amount of time. The key here is really speed, so these are the Warframes you might want to think about:
- Volt: Bringing a Speed Volt build into the mission should be your first choice if you do have a strong build. to the capture target, kill it and then out – if you’re playing solo, you can do this in under one minute. Just make sure not to die while killing the target or while capturing it. Getting into the operator mode and becoming invisible while capturing will make sure that enemies can’t target you.
- Ember: Activate your ‘World on Fire’ ability, run towards the marker and kill everything while chasing your capture target. This is not as fast as the Volt version, but you give your chance to get some resources on your way.
- Loki: This is your safest pick when it comes to survivability. Use your ‘Invisibility’ skill, ignore everything and everyone, kill and capture your target and head to the exit. Super easy, super fast.
While this mission has the potential to give you a lot of Meso relics in a short time, it also has the potential for bad RNG. Another problem people do encounter while running the capture mission over and over again is the fact that it becomes boring pretty fast. So just do a few runs and if you get bored, switch over to Io, Jupiter, and try your luck there.
Farming Meso relics is probably the most annoying relic tier to grind for. There is no mission with a 100% drop chance and especially if you’re trying to get a specific relic it can get boring very fast. So if you feel like you’re getting burned out, try to switch to something else and come back later on. There are also other missions with a worse drop chance, but getting a change of scenery can oftentimes work wonders. Try out the Tier 3 Bounty missions or give Tier 2 Interceptions a chance.
Also, if you think we missed some important information or if you simply want to add your farming tip to the guide, make sure to leave us a comment!